Détails de l'offre d'emploi.
Managed by L’Itinéraire since 2015, in partnership with Montreal’s Indigenous community and Ville-Marie borough, the Roundhouse Cafe is a unique project and destination in Montreal : located in Cabot Square, it’s the city’s only Indigenous Cafe, whose social mission is adapted to the needs of Indigenous people who have long been absent from the job market, and are homeless or at risk of being homeless.
In keeping with this innovative project, L’Itinéraire wishes to expand its job opportunities for Indigenous participants and is seeking the right person who will take on the important role of being in charge of their training.
Under the supervision of the project manager - Roundhouse Program, the Participants’ Training Coordinator will support participants in their job experience as cafe clerks by accomplishing the following tasks:
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage the workplace and proceed to its opening and closing;
- Plan and offer basic training to participants by supporting them in their tasks as cafe clerks;
- Coordinate and offer individual or group workshops to participants;
- Prepare statistical and activity reports, analysis, and other related documents;
- Ensure the administrative management of the program’s participants: sign contracts, compile work hours, prepare follow-up reports, etc.);
- Ensure compliance with procedures and regulations and communicate any changes or problems to the project manager;
- Work closely with team members (project manager and intervention worker);
- Maintain an environment that reflects the Groupe communautaire L’Itinéraire’s values (a warm and respectful family atmosphere, empowerment, community-oriented and mutual support) in partnership with the team and ensure compliance to and respect of the organization’s life code by participants;
- Manage daily operations in collaboration with the coordination team;
- Assume participants’ task in case of absence;
- Any other related tasks.
- Empathy and listening skills
- Adaptability, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong teamwork abilities
- Initiative and strong sense of priorities
- Customer service skills
- Positive leadership
- Skillful at multitasking
- Sensitive to issues faced by the Indigenous community
- Fluently bilingual (French and English)
- Post-secondary education
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a similar job or in team management
- Good knowledge of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Google tools (Drive)
- Work experience in Montreal’s Idigenous community (great asset)
- Barista training and a passion for cooking
- MAPAQ food establishment manager or food handler training (an asset)
- Experience in intervention (an asset)
Deadline to apply:
- Working contract until March 31st, 2022 (possibility of extension)
- 35 hours/week, day shift, Monday to Friday, possibility of working evenings and weekends for occasional special activities
- Salary: $20/hr
January 11th, 2021
Expected starting date:
As soon as possible
Please email your resume and letter of intention to Marilou Maisonneuve, project manager – Roundhouse Program at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please note that for equal qualifications, an Indigenous person will be favored.
Le Groupe communautaire L’Itinéraire s’est donné pour mission d’accompagner des personnes marginalisées, exclues du marché traditionnel du travail, ayant connu l’itinérance, la dépendance, ou souffrant de problèmes de santé mentale. Au fil des ans, environ 2500 personnes ont amélioré leur qualité de vie par la rédaction et la vente du journal de rue.
Géré par L’Itinéraire depuis 2015 en collaboration avec le milieu autochtone de Montréal et l'arrondissement Ville-Marie, le Café de la Maison ronde est un projet et un lieu bien unique dans le paysage montréalais. Situé au square Cabot, il s'agit du seul café autochtone de la métropole dont la mission sociale est d’offrir une opportunité de travail adaptée à des personnes autochtones qui sont éloignées du marché du travail, en situation ou à risque d’itinérance.